Justin Rutledge,来自加拿大多伦多的乡谣诗人。冠其为诗人,倒不仅是因为他的创作天分,更是因为名副其实。从小立志成为作家,大学主修文学,专攻现代诗歌,在第三年却拾起吉他"投笔"从乐,踏上了自写自谱自唱的音乐之路。
“人生哪有那么多观众啊,是自己常常入戏太深。其实,这个社会没空理你。一切的一切可说再见,也可说再也不见。坦白说,没什么大不了的。——《走吧,张小砚》”
今天推荐一首《A Penny For The Band》
好听的前奏,开腔以经爱上,这首《A Penny For The Band》,有一种令人沉醉的节奏与意境在里面,虽然是英文歌曲,能够唱到令我们毫无障碍的欣赏和喜欢,不得不说难能可贵。一起来听一听吧!
译@JustinRutledge
Another Shirley Temple
新一代秀兰邓波儿
Another Caine and Able
新一代该隐和亚伯
There's nothing out the window,
窗外空空荡荡
And nothing on the table.
桌子上也是如此
This life is like a set list
这种生活就像设置好的列表
Scrawled across the nation
任由天马行空地胡乱涂写
If I miss you at the soundcheck,
如果我在试音的时候思念你
I'll see you at the station.
我就会去车站看看你的身影
There's a beast inside of me,
我的心里住着一只野兽
And he's not bad company
他并不是个差劲的伙伴
But he speaks in tongues I can never understand,
但我总不能理解从他口中说出的话
He says it's one more show and a penny for the band.
他说这不仅是花一分钱买来的一场乐队表演
Keep everybody dancing,
让每个人舞动身体
Keep everybody spending,
让每个人欢度时光
I know I am not a good man,
我知道我还不够优秀
But I can keep pretending.
但是我会保持谦逊
I leaned in the doorway
我倚靠在门口
Your dress is like a dark vale,
你的裙装就像一条晦暗不明的溪谷
But I'm not going your way,
但我不会跟随你的脚步
I'm going back to Parkdale.
我将回到柏岱尔
With a bottle of Burgundy,
带着一瓶勃艮第葡萄酒
Where she waits on the balcony,
她还在那儿的阳台上等待着
With a northern wish and a daisy in her hand,
手中捧着一束雏菊,带着来自北方的祝福
To send me all her love and a penny for the band.
给我带来所有的爱和对乐队的心意
There's a beast inside of me,
我心里住着一只野兽
And I miss my family,
我思念我的家人
All these pages and these stages made of sand,
思念过去记录下的点滴和并不豪华的舞台
Still, it's one more show and a penny for the band,
这不仅是花一分钱买来的一场乐队表演
One more show and a penny for the band.
不仅是花一分钱买来的一场乐队表演
好听的英文歌:《Keep Rolling On》
好听的英文歌:《she's gone》
好听的英文歌:《Closer》
英文版《小幸运》| 遇见你,是生命中最美好的事情
PS:动听的歌曲,缘分的相遇~如果大家有什么好听的音乐,如果愿意的话,也请私信分享给我们。
END
长按二维码关注小编私人wechat